spicy roasted cocktail nuts
These spicy and sweet treats will be a hit at any party. They also make great holiday gifts or favors, packaged in small boxes or tins.
- 1 can (11 ounces) salted mixed cocktail nuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (more if you’d like
- them very spicy)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Pour nuts into a mixing bowl. Combine the maple syrup and bourbon, and pour the bourbon–maple syrup mixture over the nuts; toss to coat. Add the brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and rosemary. If desired, add a pinch of salt to taste. Toss again to incorporate the flavorings.
Spread the nut mixture into a thin layer on a cookie sheet. Roast for 10–15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.