stuffed brioche french toast with mascarpone & chocolate
Brioche. Mascarpone. Melted chocolate. Need I say more? This is cloud nine stuff!
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 12 slices of brioche, 1½ inches thick, each cut into 2 triangles
- 12 ounces semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- 1 recipe Cherry Maple Syrup (see below)
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the mascarpone, sour cream, and granulated sugar.
Cut into the long side of each triangle of brioche to create a pocket for the stuffing. Fill the pocket with the sweetened mascarpone mixture and about 2–3 tablespoons of chocolate chips.
Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Melt enough butter to coat the pan. While the butter is melting, soak the French toast in the beaten eggs, turning to coat the bread well. Sauté until golden brown, turning them as necessary.
Transfer the finished slices to a baking dish placed in a warm oven until you’re ready to serve. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve with the remaining butter and warm Cherry Maple Syrup.
cherry maple syrup
- 1 cup good-quality maple syrup
- ¼ cup Cherry Syrup,at room temperature
In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the maple syrup. Add the cherry syrup slowly, stirring to combine. Serve warm.