asian noodle salad with peanut dressing
You will love the sweet and spicy balance of flavors in this dish. Of course, you can eliminate the chili paste if you like it milder.
- 12 ounces Chinese-style wheat noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, plus more for the just-cooked noodles
- ½ cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- Juice of 2 limes (¼ cup)
- 1 tablespoon Asian-style chili paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Toss noodles in a few dashes of sesame oil to prevent sticking, and reserve. Place peanut butter, lime juice, sesame oil, chili paste, and sugar in a small bowl and mix well.
Combine tofu, bean sprouts, carrots, and noodles in a large bowl, and pour peanut sauce over all. Toss well to coat.
Garnish with fresh cilantro. May be served chilled or at room temperature.