how to have your wedding, your way
When you think about it, every single decision you make about your wedding is really a design decision, from the way you structure your ceremony to how you seat your guests at dinner. Here are some tips to help you keep your wedding design simple and stunning:
- Let the architecture and setting of your location inspire your wedding design.
- Limit the number of prominent colors in any one space to no more than three.
- Collect swatches, photos, and samples of things you like – flowers, dresses, cakes, invitations – and keep them all together to have on hand for meetings.
- Focus your design budget. Don’t over-decorate. Simpler is better!
- Think “different”. Find ways to be both creative and economical in your wedding design.
- Choose a motif or theme and stick to it.
- Don’t overlook the importance of good lighting.
- Make it meaningful. Personal, heartfelt details are always the most beautiful ones.
- Consider the “flow” of your overall event.
- Never skimp on service.